How To Get A Guy To Notice You -
7 Simple Steps To Make Him Take Notice
Author: N. Freed
Have you ever wondered why some girls can get guys so easily, while for others the task seems impossible? If you could put ‘the secret of getting a man’ into one word, that word would be confidence. While it’s true that some people have confidence in bucket loads, there are some basic steps you can take to appear confident. And that is all it takes. If you are naturally shy, don’t worry, most guys are shy too when it comes to the opposite sex. Becoming confident is just a matter of learning how to act confident in certain situations.
This article will give you some basic but powerful steps to appear confident, make an impression and get that guy to notice you. And it’s easier than you think. All it requires are the same social skills you would use with your friends.
1. Smile with your eyes. Don’t fake your smile. A genuine, infectious smile instantly creates trust and rapport, and will ensure that you radiate positive energy. People are always attracted to others with positive energy, and a smile is a signal for guys to advance instead of retreat.
2. Initiate conversation. This doesn’t mean you need a fully prepared speech. All you need to do is say hello. This is a non-threatening approach, and you’ll more than likely get a friendly response. If the guy seems shy and doesn’t follow up after hello, don’t worry, he may be more nervous or shy than you. Your next move could be any one of the following:
- ask a question, like ‘How you doing today?’
- pay him a compliment. This, like a smile, is a positive signal that guys react well to
- discuss things you might have in common. This is a great way to get the conversation moving.
Be a good listener, and don’t interrupt. This can seem rude to someone you don’t know very well, and can also be a sign of nerves. And guys appreciate a good listener!
3. Learn more about him. Find out what your guy likes and doesn’t like, and show interest. By asking questions to find out more about him, this shows that you are genuinely interested in him and getting to know him better. It can be flattering for a guy when a girl shows interest in the things he does, and this will make him appreciate your efforts.
4. Dress well to catch his attention. Wear something that you feel sexy in. If you have good attributes, let you clothes accentuate them. But make sure you dress appropriately for the occasion….if you’re in an office, maybe don’t wear a plunging neckline! Guys appreciate women who are well dressed, and despite what you might think, guys don’t always need to see flesh to be attracted to a woman. Guys often find it just as appealing when you leave a little more to the imagination.
5. Appeal to his sense of smell. Your pheromones (the body’s natural scents), are a very powerful aphrodisiac. But if he is not close enough to smell your natural scent, wear your signature perfume. But don’t make it too overpowering…you want to draw him in and bring him closer, not repel him because he needs a breath of fresh air. Smell is a powerful sense, and once a guy inhales a scent on you that he finds attractive, he’ll associate that smell with you and never forget it. If he smells that scent somewhere else, he’ll be thinking of you straight away. A sexy scent is an invisible weapon.
6. Be Yourself. If you want him to like you for who you are then just be down to earth and genuine. Don’t try and impress him or pretend to be someone you are not. And don’t worry if you come across as a little shy, this will actually make you more endearing to him,
7. Aim for friendship first. Friendship is always the best starting point for any relationship, and it allows both of you to get to know each other without any pressure. Allow the friendship to develop at its own pace. Don’t come on too strong at first as this can make most guys run for the hills. Guys don’t like to be chased, as this makes them feel like they’re not in control. They prefer to do the initial chasing, and will appreciate you a little more if they have to do some work before they catch you. But don\’t play too hard to get, or the guy might think he has no chance with you. You may need to give him some gentle signals if he needs encouraging. The best advice is to go with the flow, and let the relationship take its natural course.
Finally, remember that there are plenty of decent guys around, and if the man you’ve set your eyes on chooses not to reciprocate, this is ok. Don’t take it personally. Just move on. Never feel that you are not worthy of someone. And don\’t ever feel that your happiness depends on someone else. You will be most appealing and attractive to guys when you feel happy inside for no reason at all. If guys sense that you’re not happy because you’re single, they’ll run the other way. So be yourself, be happy, and you’ll find that guys will enjoy your company and want to be with you.
Want More Relationship Tips?