Do you have a few… suspicions about the current man you’re dating? Does he have strange, erratic behaviors like taking private phone calls and refusing to tell you about his personal life?
These signs don’t necessarily indicate that you’re dating a married man, but they can clue you in to a few issues in your relationship. To get to the bottom of this mystery fast, check out these helpful hints that could indicate your man is already taken:
- -You’ve met very few of his friends, if any. If a man is keeping his personal life from you and has a problem with you meeting his friends or extended family, it could mean he has something to hide. This isn’t always the case, but it is a common habit of cheaters.
- -He takes you to restaurants off the beaten path. It may seem cute at first to explore restaurant several miles outside the city, but if you never eat at popular places, it could be because your beau doesn’t want to be seen.
- -He drives a family car. Your “supposedly single” boyfriend may say that he drives a minivan because it was a hand-me-down from his divorce, but most single men would swap in the family sedan for something a little more stylish.
- -Has only given you his cell phone number? Does He Only Text You? If you don’t have a home number for your man, that should bring up serious suspicions in itself. Also it’s a BIG red flag is the only way he communicates with you is through text messaging, IM, etc
- -He gives mixed signals in his body language. Although you may not be a body language expert, common signs of lying are looking away and placing a hand on the mouth when talking. Does your man appear nervous or irritated when you ask him about past relationships?
- -He has pictures of other women in his office. If a man has a framed photo of his family in his office and claims it has been up since his divorce, that may or may not be true. If your boyfriend claims that a picture of another woman in his office or wallet is of an ex from the past, you may need to do some digging.
- -He constantly takes you on weekend getaways. What’s there to complain about? But if your boyfriend always wants you to go away together, it may be because he is telling his wife he is on an out-of-town business trip.
- -He only pays in cash. A cheater doesn’t want to leave a paper trail that his wife could find – enough said.
- -He calls you when running errands. If your man is constantly calling from a cell phone at the grocery store or when getting gas, he may be trying to sneak a call in on the side.
-He has a tan line on his ring finger. This should be the biggest glaring sign that your man may be married! If he has a deep indentation or white tan line on his ring finger, a wedding ring was likely recently removed.
If one or more of the above clues rings true in your relationship, it’s time for a serious talk. And if the truth comes out that your man is married, run – don’t walk – out the door!
Bethany Ramos is a full-time freelance writer that co-owns her own e-commerce website, The Coffee Bump. The Coffee Bump specializes in a wide variety of Bunn coffee makers and assorted coffee and espresso products.