Mother’s Day is right around the corner. Have you done your shopping yet? If you want to branch out from traditional gifts like flowers and chocolate for Mom this year, here are a few creative gift ideas to show your mom how much you truly appreciate her.
Better yet, use these gift ideas as a jumping off point. Take the time to personalize your gift based on your mother’s specific interests so that she’ll know just how much effort you put into her gift this year.
Top 10 Gifts for Mom
1. Personalized Jewelry: If your spouse or someone in your family is a new mother, she’s going to love a personalized necklace or bracelet engraved with the name of her new bundle of joy! This is a meaningful gift that will be cherished for years as her child grows older.
2. Jewelry Box: If you are looking for a simple and elegant gift for your spouse, consider a roomy jewelry box to hold her best earrings, bracelets, and necklaces to keep them from tangling.
3. Candles: If you’re looking for a basic, expressive gift this Mother’s Day, you can’t go wrong with candles. Just make sure to find out Mom’s favorite scent before you buy!
4. Photo Print Canvas: If a new mom has taken beautiful pictures of her baby, consider blowing them up into a professional sized canvas print that can be hung as a work of art above the mantel.
5. Spa Pedicure: Any busy mom will cry with relief when she opens up a gift certificate for an all-expenses-paid spa pedicure! You better believe that almost no mother has the time to care for her feet in between changing diapers, taking kids to school, and keeping the house clean. A simple gift certificate for a spa pedicure will feel like a deluxe vacation for a day.
6. Beauty Gift Set: Similarly, a busy mom will appreciate a beautiful basket full of cosmetics, lotions, and perfumes to provide a little bit of TLC after a long, tiring day.
7. Dinner of the Month Club: Husbands can earn some serious bonus points by easing a mother’s workload with a subscription to a dinner of the month club, available in 3, 6, and 12 month increments. The club includes a complete gourmet Italian meal delivered each month with exclusive dishes created by award-winning chefs. What’s not to love?
8. Single Cup Coffee Brewer: You know full well by now that busy moms are excellent at multitasking. Any mom who is pressed for time in the morning to get the kids out the door in time for school will truly appreciate the convenience of a single cup coffee brewer that brews a cuppa Joe in under a minute.
9. Gourmet Chocolate: Even though giving your mother chocolate for Mother’s Day may be cliché, she’ll appreciate that you stepped outside the box and splurged on gourmet chocolates in a chocolate gift basket, especially if she’s a chocolate lover.
10. Gift Card: What can you get for the mom who has it all? Instead of buying a generic gift that Mom may not use, get her a gift card to her favorite online store or boutique. Any mom will love an excuse to shop, especially when the bill has been paid in advance!
Bethany Ramos is a full-time freelance writer that co-owns her own e-commerce website, The Coffee Bump. The Coffee Bump specializes in a wide variety of Bunn coffee makers and assorted coffee and espresso products.