Well, ladies and gentlemen 2015 is quickly fading away and we’re on the home stretch of our holiday season. While you’re preparing all your lovely holiday meals for dinner and thinking about your last minute holiday shopping, it’s important to think about all the ways you can embrace this family time together. Why not prepare a quick and easy holiday breakfast casserole to give you strength before you tear into all those presents? The holidays are still about spending time with family and breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so as a gift we’re sharing our Holiday Breakfast Casserole that we made using Johnsonville Sausage.
Da Vinci’s Holiday Breakfast Sausage Casserole
3 cups sliced peeled potatoes
1 lb of Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage (or 1.5 packs)
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese
8 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tsp of mustard
1/4 cup of cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch square baking dish.
- Line baking dish with sliced potatoes.
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet with chopped onions and cilantro. Cook over medium-high heat until sausage is evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix cheese, mustard, milk, eggs and salt and pepper. Next add in the sausage mix. Pour over the potato slices in layers.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hr 15mins, depending on your oven, in the preheated oven or until a toothpick inserted into center of the casserole comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
We hope you and your family enjoy this recipe! As always, I do encourage that you be adventurous with your cooking, don’t be afraid to mix and match what works well for you. If you’re looking ahead for a great Mardi Gras recipe, check out our Shrimp and Andouille Sausage Jambalaya.
Last but not least we’re giving a lucky reader a chance to WIN a Johnsonville® Holiday Casserole Prize Pack! Which includes Johnsonville® gift cards and a Le Creuset Set.
One (1) winner receives a Le Creuset Set
Giveaway Open To 18+ USA
Follow the Johnsonville® on
What Are Some Of Your Favorite Holiday Casseroles?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.