Thank you Capital One for sponsoring this post! This is a paid endorsement.
All opinions are my own and were not directed by Capital One.
We all work hard for our money and definitely hate the idea of wasting money. With that said it’s time to put your money to work for you! I know you’re probably wondering how to do that, no worries I have a ton of tips and tricks to share with you all thanks to the help of Digital Lifestyle Expert, Katie Linendoll.
As I get older, I realize just how many of us are learning fiscal responsibility as we go. It’s really should be taught in schools, but it’s not to learn great money habits in your life after 25. One of the first things to consider is where you store your money, choosing the right back account can make a big difference in whether your money works for you or if it’s just sitting there collecting dust.
I’ve been a long time customer with Capital One and of the reason that’s the account I use most is because of their excellent interest rates you earn for your money. I know many people hate having to spend extra fees monthly just to keep your money in a bank, trust me I hated dealing with that too. But the 360 Money Market from Capital One online account offers no fees, no minimums AND a high-yield 1.0% APY for balances over $10,000! Don’t work harder, work smarter! The national Money Market rate is actually 0.26%, so I’m sure you’re wondering what your rate would be is you have less than $10K in the bank? No worries, with the 360 Money Market account you would STILL earn an everyday rate of 0.60% APY. It’s really a no brainer, not only will you spend less each month because of no fees… you’ll make more each month! Another thing I love about CapitalOne 360 is that I can setup multiple savings accounts, I tend to use this when I’m setting goals, planning trips, or just saving my money! It’s definitely something to consider when you’re setting up your money plan. And of course, your deposits are FDIC-insured up to the allowable limit.
Now that you know where to put your money and earn interest, it’s time to dig into some tips from Digital Lifestyle Expert, Katie Linendoll that should help you stay on the right track!
Katie’s Top 5 Tips to Bank & Save More Ways
- Automate your bill payments: We all work hard for our money. No need to lose it to late fees! With Capital One’s Online Bill Pay, scheduling automatic payments is a breeze and you’ll be able to sleep better knowing that your bills are being paid on time, every time!
- Mobile Check Deposit: If you’re like me, I either like direct deposit or when I get a paper check I don’t like to wait LOL. Now you can avoid the extra gas spent driving to the bank to deposit your check and just do it right on your phone. Which is a feature offered from Capital One!
- Take charge of your spending: I don’t know about you guys but I tend to STALK my bank accounts, LOL… I don’t like surprises. Capital One Enhanced Transactions gives you a full snapshot of transaction details, like purchases, ATM withdrawals, merchant names/logos and a bunch more. Plus, an easy-to-read pie chart gives you a quick glimpse of the categories where you’re spending your money. I like seeing it laid out like that, it helps me know where I’m splurging and where I may need to cut back.
- Stay in charge: Time equals money. Don’t get stuck in the red (battery life that is) on your smartphone. Take advantage of one of the many portable chargers with multiple USB ports for connecting a tablet or smartphone with 20+ hours of talk time. Plus, if you always have a charge you’ll always be able to check your bank account before you spend or deposit that check right when you get it!
- Know the tech calendar cycles: Last but not least, TVs and smartphones all have best times to purchase if you are looking for a deal. Don’t be the person who upgrades the moment a new device comes out. The previous generation of a device typically goes on sale right before the next launch, which can save you a lot of money on technology that’s only a little bit older. This is great information to know or research with the holidays coming up soon.
I hope you enjoyed all those awesome tips from Digital Lifestyle Expert, Katie Linendoll. I chose my favorite 5 to share with you all but Katie definitely has more gems to share!
With all these great tips you should be able to save up to that $10,000 in the bank in no time and you’ll be well on your way earning a 1.0% APY with your 360 Money Market℠ from Capital One® 360. And you can live a more stress free life knowing that you have 24/7 Access to your money wherever you are, either online or with the top-rated Capital One mobile app. AND If you need to speak with a real person, like I usually like to do, you can call 1-800-289-1992 any time. There is no minimum balance required to obtain the disclosed APY; APY rate is variable and effective as of 09/13/16.
Building great money habits can take time, be patient with yourself and slowly implement these tips. Keep putting everything to practice and you’ll definitely thank yourself later!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Capital One. The opinions and text are all mine.