Winter is “the most wonderful time of the year” but it’s also the time that many of us get sick. While we’re sharing holiday cheer, resolutions, we’re often sharing germs too. With that said, there’s no need for you or your family to be unprepared. Check out how I’m ready for any cold or flu with my Vicks Winter Wellness Care Kit!
Working from home I tend to be in my own bubble so as soon as I get around someone with any cooties, I’m liable to get it. When you pair that with having asthma there are a few things that should be a must have in my home. Recently I had my first round of the winter sickness and because the temperature was dropping I turned up my heater while I slept. Sounds like the logical thing to do right? I was warm but I found myself struggling to breathe and making my sore throat worse. Even though my heating was keeping me snug, it was drying out the air in my room/home.
Did you know that in the winter time, humidity levels can drop as low as 10% drier than the Sahara Desert? I didn’t realize that either! In fact the ideal relative humidity level for wellness is between 40% and 60%. The best way to combat this is run a humidifier while I keep the heater at a reasonable temperature. And to maintain the correct levels, use a Humidity Monitor to determine the levels in your home. I received my Vicks Humidifier right on time! One thing I loved about the Vicks humidifier is that it has a cool and warm mist option, which are beneficial for symptom relief during sickness. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends using a cool mist humidifier throughout the winter months to help relieve congestion and cough in children. With the option of cool or warm, you’ll be able to find a comfortable setting for you or your children. You can find this nifty gadget at a Walmart near you.
As someone that lives alone, I don’t think people realize how tough it can be to have to fend for yourself when you’re sick lol. One of the hardest things to do it take your own temperature, I’ve often found myself trying to feel my own forehead and wondering if I’m actually running a fever or not LOL #The Struggle. I know you’re probably asking why I don’t have a thermometer but most singles just don’t think about those things. A fever can sometimes occur with a cold and usually is mild, so it can be tough to detect without the proper tools. With the flu it is common and higher, ranging from 100 to 102 degrees. I’m super excited to report that in my Vicks Winter Wellness Care Kit, I now have the thermometer of champions ;). The Vicks SmartTemp Thermometer provides accurate readings quickly and is compatible with a free downloadable app. This makes it easy to take and track temperature readings for the whole family, even the kids can figure it out.
Another necessary addition to your own Winter Wellness kit is the old time staple Vicks VapoRub. I feel like all of us grew up with this in the house, whether it was grandma rubbing it on your chest or your mother. Vicks VapoRub always seemed to do the trick, our moms definitely knew what they were doing.
Getting a sick at some point of the year is almost inevitable, so if you’re going to get sick you may as well be prepared. With all my Vicks Winter Wellness Care Kit goodies, I feel confident that I’ll make it through this cold and flu season like a champ! Want to win your own Vicks winter wellness kit? Enter to win below!
One (1) winner receives:
- Vicks® Mini Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier (in blue, green or pink): Provides soothing, visible mist for temporary relief of cough and congestion symptoms. MSRP $42.99
- Vicks® SmartTemp™ Wireless Thermometer: The Vicks® SmartTemp® Thermometer and free downloadable app makes it easy to take and track temperature readings for the entire family. MSRP $24.99
- Protec Humidifier Antimicrobial Cleaning Fish: Features a patented antimicrobial, Aqua stat, that helps keeps your humidifier cleaner, longer. It helps kills up to 99% of odor causing bacteria. MSRP $8.99
- Vicks® VapoPads: Provide up to 8 hours of soothing menthol vapors per pad. MSRP $14.99
- Vicks® Humidity Monitor: The Vicks® Healthcheck hygrometer displays a room’s temperature and humidity level to help provide information you need to control your environment. MSRP $16.99
- Puffs Plus® Lotion: The perfect tissue for when sore or runny noses need some extra softness. That little dab of lotion goes a long way t calm the most sensitive skin through a cold, flu or allergies. MSRP $1.29 – $12.99
- Vicks® VapoRub™ Topical Ointment: A topical cough medicine with medicated vapors. MSRP $5.49 – $6.49
Open to US addresses only.
What’s in your Winter Wellness Care Kit?
This is a sponsored post written for Vicks Humidifiers. I was compensated and provided complimentary products for this post. All opinions are my own.