If you aren’t ready to show off your summer body, then keep reading to learn the ultimate 5 step workout for summer abs. This workout will help you get the body of your dreams. It might be painful at first, but consistency is key. The best thing is that these workouts don’t need any equipment and they can be done from home.
An elbow plank is the ideal start to the summer abs workout and a great way to strengthen your core.
- Start the elbow plank by laying on your exercise mat flat on your stomach
- Place your palms beside one another and raise your upper body up off the floor
- Keep your back and legs straight and use your forearms for support to bend your elbows
- Hold this position
Windshield Wipers Abs Workout
The windshield wiper is a power exercise for your core. The name comes from the fact the motion of the exercise resembles that of a windshield wiper.
- Start your windshield wipers by laying flat on your back with your arms to the side
- Bring both of your legs up together without bending them
- This is where the windshield wipers begin! Move your legs down on one side as far as you can and bring them back up to the starting position. Then move them down the opposite side before bringing them back to the starting position
- It’s recommended that you keep moving your legs rather than stopping when you bring them back to the starting position
- Complete for a set of 20 reps
Side Plank Lifts
Side plank lifts are a variation of a traditional plank to strengthen your shoulders, triceps, and your entire core. This exercise can also boost your balance and hip mobility
- Start your side plank by laying down on your side with your upper body supported on your bent arm. Raise your hips into the air and keep your body straight. This is the starting position.
- Bring your hips down to the ground
- Bring your hips back to the starting position and repeat the exercise
- One rep is counted each time your hips are pushed to the ceiling
- Complete the exercise for 15 reps on each side
Bicycle Crunches Abs Workout
This bicycle crunch is one of the very best abs according to a study from the San Diego State University that looked into the best exercises for activating the rectus abdominus.
- Place your hands behind your ears while laid flat on your back
- Bend one knee back into your chest and lift your shoulders up to touch your knee with the opposite elbow
- Bring your leg down and repeat the movement again using your opposite leg and shoulder. One rep is counted each time you bring your knee and elbow together
- Repeat the exercise for 40 reps
The superman plank is a variation on the regular plank. This workout engages core muscles and really tones your stomach.
- Start in a high plank position and lift your arm up, pointing it directly in front of you as you bring your left leg up off the ground to align with your body
- Repeat the movement on the opposite sound, and count a rep each time your limbs are brought off the ground together
- Complete 20 reps
You’ll be pretty sore after you finish with these summer abs workout the first time. This is only the first step towards creating your sexy abs you’ll be proud to show off. Take things to the next level with the http://fitnessgoals.com 30-day ab workout.