Is Your Home Secretly Dangerous To Live In?

Many homeowners don’t realize that their homes are dangerous to live in. Why? Because some of these things remain secret until something bad happens. It’s so important you’re aware of the secret dangers that could be lurking in your home.

Read on to find out what they are!


Toxic Candles And Air Fresheners

Candles and air fresheners may smell nice, but they can actually release dangerous toxins into the air that build up in the body over time. You can purchase non toxic candles specifically, or switch to aromatherapy for a healthier option.



Carpet may insulate the home, but it can contain more allergens and dust than you’d like to imagine. This can be dangerous for children, pets, and the elderly to breathe in.

 Is Your Home Secretly Dangerous To Live In?

Mold And Mildew

Mold and mildew is a sign of water damage and damp. If you’re letting damp into your home, you’re running the risk of harming your lungs. This is especially dangerous for children. Having a company like assess the damage and then come up with a plan to rectify it is worth it when you think of the issues damp can cause. You need to make sure you remove the danger before it gets even worse.



Naphthalene is found in mothballs and can destroy red blood cells. It has also been proven to cause cancer in animals.


Non Stick Cookware

This type of cookware releases a gas when heated, and this has been linked to cancer and other harmful health issues.


Cleaning Solutions

Many of the most popular cleaning solutions out there today contain hazardous ingredients. This is why creating your own cleaning products is becoming more and more popular.


Extension Cords

Plugging too much into your extension cord is a huge fire hazard. Make sure you unplug things when you’re not using them!


Flaky Paint

If your home was built in the late 70s, the interior could potentially have lead based paints on the walls. When this paint flakes, it can lead to led poisoning if inhaled.


Prickly Flowers

Flowers with sharp thorns can be harmful to children, and even animals that like to spend time in the garden. If you can’t move them, make sure you stop children from playing close by.

 Is Your Home Secretly Dangerous To Live In?


Cosmetics can post a huge danger to children, from nail polish to perfume. As cosmetics can look colorful and attractive, they can attract children and are usually easily opened. At the very least, you’ll have a child and a floor covered in nail polish. Worst case scenario, you could be rushing your child to the emergency room after drinking nail varnish remover. Make sure you keep these things out of reach.


Decorative Flowers, Potpourri, And Incense Sticks

They may make your home look nice, but if you leave them in easy to reach places for kids, they might end up putting them in their mouths.


Assess which of these items you have in your home. Is your home secretly dangerous to live in? Make sure you minimize the dangers for peace of mind!

Can't get enough of Your Life After 25? Keep up with latest posts & events by subscribing to our newsletter, and never miss a thing!

Related Posts