When it comes to a medical environment, whether it is a hospital or a medical office, you cannot afford to take cleaning lightly. More goes into it than simply emptying the trash receptacle, tidying up, dusting and mopping floors. The best thing to do is to get a professional cleaning company to do the job for you. But you must look at more than the usual benefits and services when it comes to the cleaning of a medical office. Here are some things that you must take into consideration:
- Cheap offers – When it comes to a cleaning company, you mustn’t be penny wise, pound foolish. If a bid has an offer that looks too good to be true, chances are that it is. In most cases, when the pricing has been reduced, the quality of services offered have also been reduced. If you are dealing with an unscrupulous company, you will find that they will gladly skip steps and cut corners when it comes to cleaning and disinfecting the facility in order to save themselves some money. This can end up costing you in a number of different ways.
- Specific medical office cleaning services – A company that offers office cleaning services in general and has no experience working in the medical environment may not be able to offer you what you need. An office cleaning job and a medical facility cleaning job are not the same. There is a need for specialized procedures when it comes to medical facilities because one will be working with sharp objects, medical waste and a variety of pathogens. Be sure to hire companies with experience in this field.
- Cut down on clutter – A good cleaning company will help you organize your office and reduce the clutter. This is important because when you have a cluttered medical office, cleaning around all that clutter can be difficult. This means that there will be more nooks and crannies for germs to hide. Most medical cleaning services will begin by de-cluttering your office, with your permission and guidance, before commencing that thorough clean that will need to be maintained from that point on.
- Your professional image – You will find that most people associate the doctor with his medical office. Considering that most sick people have to be dragged to the doctor’s office, it is important that they find a facility that is clean and has an atmosphere that is inviting and relaxing. If the facility is dirty or cluttered, most patients will associate you with dirt as well and will think that your hygiene is poor. This can lead to patients not wanting to come back to your facility since your professional image will be tainted.
- Background checks – One of the most important considerations when hiring a cleaning service is to ensure that they carry out thorough background checks on those who work for them. This should include drug testing and checks for criminal records. Even though you may keep all your medications and equipment locked up, there is still the sensitive matter of patient information that needs to be kept private. With unscrupulous cleaning staff, you may find yourself dealing with issues of identity theft aided by information in your patient files.