There are a lot of tried and true natural teething remedies already in use out there as Babies are having teething problem since the dawn of time. In this article you will find the 10 natural teething remedies that work very well.
1. Massage –Gently massage the child’s gums with your fingers. This provides relief to the sore gums. Massage with a clean finger.
2. Cold–Apply something cold to the gums. It is very effective and soothing for teething pain. Freeze a clean and wet cloth and let your child chew on the cold cloth to help numb the area and reduce swelling or you can offer your baby an ice cube placed in a securely tied small muslin bag.
3. Teethers – Teethers are also very helpful to get relief from the teething pain. There are many options for teethers that are safe and non-toxic. Wooden teethers are preferred the most because they are bite-proof.
4. Amber Teething Necklace– These types of necklaces are meant to be worn and not to be chewed. Heat of the body releases the succinic acid contained in the amber stones, which is a natural pain reliever as well as inflammation reducer. Amber teething necklaces have been used for many years to provide relief from teething pains.
5. Hazelwood Necklaces–These necklaces are very similar to the amber teething necklaces. These also absorb the excess acid of the body. Hazelwood necklace is also very helpful in other painful symptoms like acid flux and eczema.
6. Ground Cloves–Cloves are used for years to get rid of teeth pain. It contains oils that have numbing and warming properties. It can be used by mixing with water, unsalted butter or coconut oil. It is even better chill in the fridge to make a paste of this mixture and then rub on the gums. Clove Essential Oil are also very great to get relief from teething pain.
7. Teething Mittens–These are also a wonderful remedy for teething that provides multiple benefits to a teething child. Teething mittens are not only a great self-soothing toy, the glove absorbs drool and moreover, it is washable. One more benefit is that after wearing the mitt, your baby is unable to scratch themselves.
8. Peeled Ginger Root –Ginger is a natural inflammatory. It can help to relieve the pain from teething by soothing the nerve endings in the gums. Rub a slice of peeled ginger over your baby’s gum for 2 minutes for the strongest effect.
9. Chilled Spoons–Take a metal spoon and chill it in a refrigerator. After a couple of hours, the spoon is cold and ready for your baby to enjoy.
10. Homemade Popsicles –These are very easy and cheap to make. Homemade popsicles are a great natural way to provide your baby with some teething relief. Chewing the frozen Popsicle will provide the relief to the gum by temporarily numbing the gum pain.
Author Bio: I am John, Founder of Perfectbaby-guide blog, its a blog about parenting tips, parenting guide, Product reviews, news, equipments, and events.