Are you looking for space to store all your gardening tools & household items that are not regularly used? Well, everybody needs that. It is very tiresome to run inside the home all time to look for the perfect gardening tool and come back to the garden to use them. Again, after using carry them inside after cleaning.
These scarcely used household furniture, or the goods need storage space, and it is very tough to manage space inside the house.
How about having a garden shed that can be erected to utilize the space for your entire additional storage space requirement? It is the best idea to build a garden shed to have that extra storage area in such a design that it enhances the beauty of the garden and your house design. Change the landscape and enjoy the looks.
Building the Shed
- You have first to define your need and then select the area where it is to be made in the garden. Avoid the area that may block the front view of the house or the kerb way gate. It is better to build the shed in some corners so that the view from the house or the architectural beauty of the home is not hampered.
- Draw the design of your imaginative garden shed on a piece of paper. You do not need to be an architect or an engineer for this. Look at the drawing and measure the area on the ground with a measuring tape and mark it.
- Now think of the construction material that you want to have. Usually, these sheds are made of wood to give a rustic and natural beauty in the looks that go with the surrounding environment. With the advancement of technology, moulded plastics are also used that have a natural look from the outside.
- You can go for a “V” shaped roof style of your garden shed. This type of roof style is very aesthetic and drains down the rainwater or the dry leaves without obstruction.
- Take help of a carpenter to join the pieces of wood. Be sure to treat the wood with pest control insecticide to give them a longer life. For plastic sheds, the company that will provide the same shall erect it at your garden. You can use other alternative materials too to build the sheds.
Designs of The Sheds
Apart from the wooden & plastic structure, you can use other materials to build the sheds. They also look wonderful.
- You can build the walls with designer stones and the door, window & roof with wood. Using glass panes on the window of the garden shed beautifies it more.
- If you want, you can make a small shed that has multiple shelves to store items on them. This type of small sheds requires less space but is very useful to store things properly.
- You can use alternative material that can be recycled like the glass bottles, tyres or the left away wooden planks and give the garden shed a unique look.
- You can build a shed that can be of multipurpose use. The hut can be used as a greenhouse for your plants as well as storing gardening items.
A garden shed is handy to store items as well as beautify the garden and the exterior décor of the house. They can be built in low cost using alternative materials and can be uninstalled at any time without disturbing the central living area. They simply add to the value of the house.