When we gift the people we love like family and friends, it does not come as a surprise. However, it’s not often that you find business colleagues gifting each other. Keep reading for this is about to change. It is my hope that after reading this, you will have every reason to gift that special someone from the office; be it your colleague or subordinate.
It takes a lot to be in a relationship with someone, right? Did you know that working with someone puts you in a working relationship? Well, the working relationship may be a different kind of relationship, but at the end of the day, you all need to cooperate and work with each other. So, when you find yourself in an easy and stress-free working relationship with someone, that someone deserves a small gift maybe once a year during the company Christmas party.
Choosing gifts for colleagues, however, is not a walk in the park because as far as you are concerned, you only know a little about this workmate. Getting something that they will actually like will therefore not be easy. Not to worry though. Here are 5 good gift hampers that will keep that relationship going.
- A box of chocolates – gone are the days when chocolates were strictly for lovers. Nowadays, you can gift your co-worker with a box of chocolates, especially if they have a sweet tooth.
- Fruits hamper – we all have that one friend or colleague that eats clean most of the days. This will be a perfect gift package for such a co-worker. You can put his or her favourite fruits in the basket, package them well, and present the gift hamper when the time is right.
- Glass blocks with message – you can also show your appreciation in words. Put down your short, simple and sweet message to your colleague, and have it engraved on a block of glass or wood. Design the block in a way that it will seat freely on the co-worker’s desk, either at work or at home. This will act as a reminder of your flourishing work relationship.
- Accessory organizers – men or women, we all have accessories that help accentuate our looks. Your colleague too has his or her own accessory pieces. Gifting them with an accessory organizer and a few accessory pieces will therefore be a good gesture.
- Personalized golf balls – is your co-worker a fan of golf? Then nothing will give them joy than a bag of personalized gift balls. You can personalize the balls with significant years or dates that are special to them, nick names, initials, or even favourite quotes. All that matters is that you make the balls special for the avid golfer.
In conclusion, there are certain gift hampers that are not appropriate for the office setting. So whether you stick to our ideas or find different ones on your own, remember to stay as professional as possible; you don’t wish to send the wrong message!