The first task a female does when she reaches back home is snapping the bra buttons off and flinging it across the room. It gives you immense pleasure when free from it. Wearing a bra is a pain, but it has its own advantage. It is beneficial for your health! There are countless reasons why you should wear bra rather than opting for the braless trend which is going on these days.
It is very important that a female wears the correct bra size. If a fitting bra is not worn, then a woman will face breast health problem in the later stage of life. Bras do not completely stop your breast from sagging in later days, but it will only delay the process. The breast will be sagging over time. Research shows that almost 80% of women are wearing the wrong size bra. According to the Institute of Osteopathy, musculoskeletal pain is due to the larger breast cup size leads to changes in body posture.
Composition of a breasts structure
Internal suspensor ligaments held up your breasts naturally and the skin enveloping outside the breasts. Your breasts weight is being suspended as they are made up of glands, fat, and ligaments. Overtime along with aging, they begin to break down, causing your breasts to sag. Some experts opine that since everything is being pulled toward the center of the earth due to the force of gravity, and so does the breasts weight pulls downward leading to sagging and discomfort. One of the reasons for back pain is also due to large size breasts since weight is being carried in the front; hence, your back too needs support to carry your weight!
Some pros and cons of wearing a bra
Several health benefits and other factors too are there for wearing a bra.
Listed below are some of the pros of wearing a bra
- If you are upset with your shape, a bra will give good control of the breast. Bras gives very good and proper.
- A very flat chested or a very large chested wearing bra will help you out in shaping up.
- If you want to create a little cleavage, the good quality bra will give a nice lift.
- A cotton or linen fabric bra will protect your delicate skin from direct contact with synthetic, polyester, or any other fabric which might cause a rash in your breasts.
- A bra will give an alluring appeal when you want to look and feel sexy.
- There is no such evidence; however, it is recommended to wear a sports bra during sports, as not doing so will cause damage
- Bras can relief you from getting a back pain too
Some of its cons are
- A padded bra will give a good look, but it gives a very uncomfortable feeling.
- Breasts need airflow. On wearing a bra, it will prevent you from getting in some air!
- Unfortunately, research shows that females regularly wearing bra are more likely to be harmed to have sagging breasts in their later life. A synthetic fabric bra may give you some itching problem.
- Bras are pretty damn expensive causing you to think twice before going for it.
- When you sleep wearing a synthetic bra, it will raise the temperature of your breast’s tissue. So it is better to go braless during sleep.
How can you determine to wear the right size or a good fitting bra?
It is very important to get the right size bra. At times the bra size also differs from brand to brand. Some bra size even shrinks and enlarges after a single wash. In order to avoid such hassles, you can always check the measurements of your bust size. Here are a few steps in measuring your bra size.
- Measuring your bust size – In order for your bra’s band to fit, you need to measure with a measuring tape around your torso directly under your bust. The tape should be much leveled up and keep in mind you should be very comfortable while measuring. You can round the figure to the nearest whole number. You add four inches if it is an even number and you add five inches if it is an odd number. The sum of these calculations will give you the band size.
- Measuring your bust size – Wrap your measuring tape around your chest to the fullest level (at the nipple level). Similarly round to the whole number.
- Measuring your cup size – If you subtract the band size from the bust measurement which is taken in the earlier step, then you will get your cup size. You can also refer to several cup size charts which is available
In order to ensure correct bra size hook your bra while bending forward at your waist. This will keep your breasts completely inside your cup. The back and front of the bra should be leveled up. Ensure that the bra should not be too loose. Tighten and then shorten the band in order to fix the strap from falling. Your breast should always sit midway in between your shoulders.
So, you see a lot of factors that need to be kept in mind while determining the right bra size. Hope these steps mentioned above will be quite useful to get the right bra when you go shopping the next time!
Some tips on wearing a bra
It is advisable to wash your bra after every three wears. It is better to have a consultation with an expert on your bra size after every six months as this will give you a suitable size and will also keep your wardrobe updated!
Also bra straps are the most important part as they have to bear the breast weight. So, the wider the strap is, the better. Avoid thinner strap bra. As the bra loosens up over time, you can tighten the bra by moving to the tightest hook.
Avoid wearing a tight bra as tight fitting can reduce your blood circulation around the area and may even change your breast’s physiology! Choose the right fabric bra, which will be suitable for you.
For more information about bra size and type, you can refer to the website babeappeal.com