Find Love in the New Year Relationship Rant Twitter Party Recap #RelationshipRant
To find loveâ€¦a common New Yearâ€™s Resolution that seems to be a recurring theme for many singles year after year. Your Life After 25 recently attracted guests from across the U.S. who shared their challenges and successful love tips at this yearâ€™s first #RelationshipRant Twitter party â€“ Finding Love in the New Year. And the best part? Our guests included men and women of all ages, and even married ones who offered valuable tips for a happy and healthy relationship!
Hereâ€™s a recap of the questions asked and highlights that sparked:
What Were Your Biggest Dating Lessons of 2013?
- Not investing enough time ruined their chances
- Building up the confidence in dating again â€“ confidence is everything!
- Donâ€™t try so hard
- Be yourself because when youâ€™re not, someone falls in love with who you think he/she wants and not YOU.
What Have Been Your Biggest Dating Obstacles?
- Finding out someone is dating a pool of others after youâ€™re invested
- Getting over insecurities
- My own fear
- Worrying too much about the unknown so not even bothering with it
- Finding someone who was right on paper but not right in your heart.
- Feeling too old
- Dating and dealing with social media
Do You Find It Easier To Meet People Online Or Out And About?
- Online seemed to be the common response here, although many people were hesitant to actually do it because it seems SCARY!
What Unconventional Dating Avenues Are You Willing To Try?
- Invite your girlfriends â˜º
- Speed dating
- Christina Mingle
- Professional conventions
- Private social media chats
- Go on The Bachelor
- Blind date!
What Dating Goals Do You Have For 2014?
- Be willing to make changes that make you a better person.
- To be more available and make more time for dating
- To NOT get heart-broken
- Let my walls down more
- Cut down on work travel!
- Make the significant other feel loved
- Donâ€™t forget about your own needs while tending to others
- Stop being jealous
- Learn how to date my husband and be persistant!
- No one is perfect – know what is a deal breaker vs. a small annoyance
- Find a new way every week for my wife to be loved
- advice from the married manâ€¦p.s. of course heâ€™s married! 😉
What Dating Advice Do You Have For Other Singles Looking To Date In 2014?
- Donâ€™t go for someone because of their potential â€“ fall for their reality!
- Give time to each other
- Be open – never reject someone too soon
- It isn’t a relationship until you both agree
- Date in public until you get to know someone
- Be honest!
- Try to be friends with someone first and really get to know him/her
- Donâ€™t settle â€“ know what you want and donâ€™t accept any less.
- Expand your horizons â€“ seek new places to meet people
- Donâ€™t stand for what you canâ€™t stand for â€“ itâ€™s ok to walk away
- Take your time and donâ€™t rush into anything too quickly
Thanks to everyone for participating!
Cheers to a New Year full of smart decisions and happy moments with your soon-to-be sweetie!
Click Here To RSVP For Future #RelationshipRant Twitter Parties!