If you’ve ever seen me out and about in the grocery store you may have noticed I had glasses on, lol… it’s true I was quite blind. It’s actually not my fault, glasses are a thing that runs in my family and while I didn’t actually mind wearing them… I did mind being blind all the time. It’s amazing how many simple tasks can be complicated just because you wear glasses or contacts. When I received the opportunity to become a Joffe Medicenter Ambassador and take you all on my LASIK Journey, I jumped at the chance BUT I wanted to be able to give you all an inside look at how my LASIK experience got started from beginning to finish.
To start this LASIK series, here are
5 Reasons I Wanted To Get LASIK
1. Seems obvious but just to be able to wake up and see from start to finish.
2. I have the worst allergies during allergy season, and wearing contacts on top of that is absolute agony.
3. Being able to see 3D movies without having to wear contacts or put the 3D glasses over my glasses lol.
4. For so many years I haven’t been able to shave my legs in one go because I couldn’t really see while I was in the shower LOL.
5. Being able to look like me the way I was born to look without the addition of glasses all the time. And being able to wear makeup with ease…
We take a lot of things for granted and until my vision was so sorely deteriorated I didn’t really value being able to see so well. I know the process of LASIK can sound like a scary ordeal to so many, that’s why I thought it would be important to share exactly what steps I had to go through and even give you a glimpse of my own procedure 🙂
Next week I’ll be posting about my 1st LASIK Appointment: Prescreening and What To Expect AND we’ll have footage of the appointment for you. In the mean time we’re giving one lucky reader the chance to win FREE LASIK!
(full rules available on entry form)
The Sweepstakes begins on April 29, 2015 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”), ends on June 10, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET
1st Prize: Custom LASIK eye surgery from a Joffe Medicenter location in Atlanta, Minneapolis, Houston, or Louisville. ARV $3190. (Must be in Georgia, Minnesota, Texas, or Kentucky to qualify)
2nd Prize: $50 Amazon e-gift. (Open to USA & Canada)
Void Where Prohibited
Be sure to follow Joffe Medicenter on
What Are Some Reasons You Would Want LASIK?