If you are constructing a house, then choosing a type of flooring would mean a great deal to you and it is best that you consult an expert before ordering. There are two prime types of flooring and they are timber flooring and laminate flooring. Both of these have their advantages and disadvantages and you have to consider them before going forward. While timber floors look gorgeous in a modern open house it gets easily damaged by the sunrays because it does not come with UV protection like other types of flooring.
Image by Pinterest
Checklist before you opt for timber flooring:
The topmost thing on everyone’s mind when choosing the kind of flooring they want might not always be the price but for many it is a deciding factor. Timber flooring comes at vastly different prices so make sure you set your budget before you go shopping for your flooring.
- Installation Cost: The first thing that you should know about timber flooring is that it is made from high quality wood which is then flattened to form a floor. The trees are generally exotic and as the cost of wood is very high, timber floors will cost you the double of laminate. Whereas when it comes to Engineered timber flooring which is made from composite wood the materials are definitely cheaper. The installation costs are low as well making them perfect for people whose budgets are less.
- Durability: Hardwood floors are very susceptible to scratches, water, and moisture retention and they show wear and tear after a point of time. You will have to get them polished or re-done depending on the damage. But timber floorings made of oak and cherry are very durable. These are made of compressed wood so they can resist easy scratches and damage. Timber flooring is also much easier to clean as it does not get damaged by water.
Image by Pinterest
- Look: When it comes to appearance, timber flooring is extremely appealing in terms of texture and finish. Timber flooring is highly glossy and will give your entire home a gorgeous makeover. But cheap quality wood flooring will not have same effect but sometimes cheap wooden varieties do show texture of the wood grain and is definitely a deal breaker in that case.
- Repairable: Timber is highly easy to repair because it is made from natural products and the damaged part can be easily replaced by new portions. But when it comes to laminate flooring it is not that easy to repair because they are made artificially and once a portion is damaged badly, the laminate has to be replaced at great lengths. So this is how timber flooring is better than the cheap quality laminated flooring.
- Less pet-friendly: Timber floors are not great for pet lovers as their dogs or cats will slide over when running because of the smooth texture.
- Frequent cleaning: Hardwood floors show dirt and grime very easily so cleaning them becomes a problem as you have to do it very frequently whereas light wooden varieties of flooring can be easily cleaned.
- Wears: While deciding for type of flooring your topmost priority will be to take note of the traffic in your house, whether it possesses pets and small children and the prospective damage that it may cause.
All of this should be taken into account at the time of selection of timber flooring. We hope that the above listed points will help you to decide whether you should go for timber flooring or not. From all the expert advice timber flooring is the best option for any home owner.