Paining while having chilled beverages or hard food is not something unfamiliar. Many a people suffer from extreme tooth pain while chewing or drinking cold water or fizzy drinks. This sort of pain or irritation appears due to sensitivity issue. When you have sensitive tooth, it triggers severe pain in gums and teeth.
Tooth Sensitivity is one such problem that is common among children. However, adults can have this problem too. There are several cases where instead of the toothpastes available in the market, you need to consult the professional dentists who have advanced instruments to take care of your teeth. It is better to ask your dentist for the real reason behind it.
Why do many people suffer from tooth sensitivity?
Build up plaques are one of the main reasons behind tooth sensitivity. As per the dentist’s plaques can occur due to several reasons.
- One of the major causes is not brushing teeth properly. It is really important to wash your mouth and teeth after having food. Most of the time tiny food particles are left and by properly brushing you can get rid of them. As a result, you will get healthy and plaque free tooth.
- Another reason for plaques is bacteria generation. Frequent generation of bacteria in mouth can cause plaque and also gum pain.
2. Over brushing – hard bristles
Like mentioned, brushing is very important, although over brushing can cause adverse effect as well:
- Many people think that brushing teeth every now and then or more than two times a day can make their tooth healthy. But it is not true. Brushing your teeth twice a day is enough to maintain healthy tooth. If you ask your dentist, he would suggest you the same.
- Another point to be noted here is the bristles of your tooth brush. Using hard bristles will harm your teeth and gum as well. It can lead to gum bleeding and acute gum pain as well. Bristles must be soft or medium hard.
You should avoid Foods that contain acids
According to many dentists having high level uric acid can cause sensitive tooth. If the patient high level of uric acid then he / she can have severe tooth issues. In this situation, he/she has to stop having any food that contains acids. One needs to understand that there is a difference between junk food and acidic food. When you visit the dentist, he or she will give you the exact food chart that you need to follow, and essentially, the dentist will tell you to avoid extremely citrus fruits, or drinks like colas, and even excessive sweet dishes. In this manner, your teeth and gums will remain healthy, and they will also not get stained.
3.The wrong use of Dental Care Products wreaks havoc on your teeth
Many of you use tooth whitening toothpastes. These are not always helpful for the health of your tooth. Dentists, these days, often forbid their patients to use such fancy products. These toothpastes include few chemicals that destroy the original texture of the tooth to make it whiter. This leads to spoil the inner system of the tooth. It can highly cause sensitivity. Also, using too much mouthwash can lead to tooth sensitivity.
Dental problems, sensitive tooth, gum bleeding, paining and many other teeth related issues are not new these days. Especially children aged from 5 to 10 years are suffering from severe dental problems. It is recommended to consult your dentist as soon as you or your kids have any issue. Not always pain or bleeding but if you feel irritation every time you eat or drink anything chilled, consult your dentists soon.