Even if you’ve budget constraints, you can create a home that resembles a luxury magazine. Treating each room as a plain, black slate is primary. Attend to the pre-existing things in your home that you can highlight for your home décor ideas.
- Architectural details like hardwood floors, wooden beams, crown molding, mosaic-tile materials and backsplashes, and built-in racks and bookshelves are worth concentrating on.
- Make them very prominent and keep them clean, cutter-free. For instance, don’t splurge on costly paintings just to beat a show stopping cellar or fireplace.
- Adding a pop of color is always good. Whether you wan to tone down a shade or infuse bold color to enliven your room, color is instrumental for changing your room’s overall feel.
- Select towels that you find exciting. Shun those dingy and conventional bath towels. Those bleach-stained shades and discolored whites make your room look cheap and dirty.
Proudly showcase fluffy, crisp white towels like that types you find in spa or hotel.
Infusing some elegance
It can be difficult to have a high-end home, especially when your décor budget is tight. Fortunately, there are a few hacks that make your space look elegant sans drilling your pocket.
- From adding a fresh paint coat and pillows to hardwood floors and window treatments, you can rely on simple solutions to spice up your living environment.
- Details will always matter for crown molding, especially when you’re decking your home to look custom-made and premium.
- Crown molding makes a room look complete, bringing the walls and ceiling together, and rendering an elegant look.
- Without its unparalleled finished touch, living spaces tend to look unfinished or cheap.
- For utmost glamor, go for moldings like crown, ceiling beams, high baseboard, ceiling medallions, columns, chair rails and so on.
- Pillows provide elegance and comfort. Overstuffed, large pillows create a very elegant, plush appearance.
- Remember not to skimp on its inserts. A mandatory accessory is window treatments, without which your home will look cheap and incomplete.
- Don’t choose flimsy, unlined materials that look outright cheap. Always stick to elegant stuff like lines, cotton, and natural silk.
If you’re not game for draperies, then try wood blinds or woven bamboo shades. Just make sure you’re dressing your windows. Place your furniture adjacent to the windows and cover them with quality sectional sofa cover.
Tackling your budget
If you cross your budget in one avenue, reduce it in another. You can offset your expenses by going for a basic budget with custom drawers or cabinets in kids’ bathrooms. Yes, those fancy 5-6 panel drawers are the best, but if you need to save money, stick to those elementary flat drawers in the bathrooms.
Choosing numerous finishes prior to the construction makes sense. Prepare a plan and implement it. During the process, you pay the quoted price regardless of any increase in rate during the construction.
It’s also crucial to allow some flexibility or wiggle room in your budget in case of an unprecedented splurge. Also, do your homework on the most reputable and resourceful interior designer.