We’ve all been guilty of it one time or another – whether it was your hammer pants in the early 90s or your Flock of Seagulls haircut in the 80s…
But now, it’s time to get real. Check out these top 10 worst fashion trends of all time to make sure you’re not still committing any crimes against fashion!
1. Platform Sneakers: When you think back to the days of the Spice Girls in the 90s, you may think of Girl Power. You may also cringe when you think of the ridiculous, ultra-high platform sneakers the group wore that made them look like poorly drawn cartoon characters.
2. Shoulder Pads: The 80s called, and they want their shoulder pads back! Although the 80s may be coming back in style in this decade, shoulder pads are one fashion statement that should stay in the past.
3. Scrunchies: Scrunchies go hand-in-hand with Saved by the Bell and Full House, but they should stay where they belong – on syndicated TV.
4. Overalls: Overalls may never look cool when worn on the street, even if you happen to be Blossom or one of the Beverly Hillbillies…
5. Fanny Packs: Please, please, don’t under any circumstance ever consider wearing a fanny pack again, even when spending a long day at an amusement park with the family!
6. Crocs: Do you remember the day when everyone you knew, grandmothers included, was sporting a pair of crocs? Albeit comfortable, crocs make a terrible fashion statement, available in a rainbow assortment of colors. When did wearing rubber shoes with breathable holes in them become socially acceptable?
7. Harem Pants: A.k.a. Hammer Pants, worn by none other than MC Hammer way back in 1990. Today, celebrities like Gwen Stefani may be rocking these strange pants, but it doesn’t mean that they look any less like a diaper when worn by an average person on the street.
8. Track Suits: Juicy Couture track suits are often worn by celebrities making a run to the grocery store or soccer moms dropping their kids off at school. Nonetheless, velour track suits are best left at home, if worn at all.
What Fashion Trend Would YOU Like To See Disappear?
Bethany Ramos is a full-time freelance writer that co-owns her own e-commerce website, The Coffee Bump.