The admission in the nursery school is the first step for your kids for his journey towards education. Due to the huge competition now days, your kids may have to provide a lot of efforts to obtain admission in the best schools. Now, how can you prepare your child to get admission in the nursery or the pre-nursery admission?
Learn The Admission Process: You must know the detailed information of the admission process. After you have gone through the details of the admission process, you can easily prepare your child. You can meet the school director to be aware of your child’s requirement. As children can easily remember the shapes, alphabets and the numbers, generally these are being taught through games in their nursery schools. You can also start the games at your home also. Try taking help of the educational toys and books for this purpose.
How Is The Child Being Tested? The child must understand the instructions and the test checks whether the thinking ability of the child is going on the right track or not. So parents need to understand the behavioral attributes of the child by preparing in interactive sessions.
How To Prepare For Interview? The main aim of the interview is to focus on the curriculum. As this is the first step towards education world, you need to follow an easy regimen for your child.
- Create situations for your child through which he/she can easily absorb the learning. The mind of the child is similar to a sponge which can easily soak anything it comes in contact with.
- Make him/her understand that the instructions are expected to be listened and it is merely not a game or fun.
- You can prepare special activities that can be required in the nursery admission. Keep in mind that you need to prepare the regimen well ahead of the interview date so that the child gets enough time for the preparation.
- Just go through a mock interview for fifteen minutes a day so that the child can get a regular practice session. Make sure that the session remains friendly as well as warm but a bit serious in nature.
- You can begin with simple conversation where the activity time can be increased to half an hour including the verbal and the written skills.
- Make sure that your child is observing the street advertisements and hoardings, where you can ask about the colors and the alphabets , you can also try to make him observe the number plates in the cars, newspapers , books and the display boards in the shopping malls.
Build Communication Skills And Confidence: For building up the communication skills and confidence, you can follow these simple tips
- When they are writing or speaking any word, ask the spelling. Never forget to praise when they are performing well. If your child requires more practice, try to be encouraging and gentle in nature.
- If you want to enhance the communication skills of your child, try asking more open-ended questions and provide him with opportunities to think and answer. Problem solving skills can also be developed through the question-answer sessions.
- Try encouraging your child for using numbers, pictures, and letters for describing any event or action. As soon as he/she completes you can provide some friendly suggestions.
The parents must remember that they will have to remain extremely patient while preparing the child for the interview. You must not make your child nervous and fearful by getting anxious yourself. As this is a very important stage of your child’s academic life, you must keep your calm and be steady while preparing them.
Author Bio: Isabella Rossellini is a child psychologist. In this article, she is providing some tips to the parents for the preparation of the nursery admission. To know more, you can visit – http://mindseed.in/.