Air conditioning has become a necessity to stay comfortable in peak summer months. There are so many different models of air conditioners in the market today and choosing the right AC for your home becomes a challenging task with so many options. The reverse cycle ducted air conditioner is gaining popularity due to the many benefits it offers. Understand the working of these air conditioners to understand the merits better.
How Does a Reverse Cycle Ducted Air Conditioner Work?
A reverse cycle ducted air conditioner works to effectively heat or cool room interiors. Similar to wall split systems, these send warm or cool air to the different rooms of your building through grills and ducts. The air conditioner maybe fitted on your roof or floor. The air is passed over the fan coils. The refrigerated type air conditioning is used for this system. Warm air building up inside the home is moved out while outside air is cooled down and brought in through this system. The return air grill in the air conditioner also has an air filter that filters the outside air entering your home.
Merits of Reverse Cycle Ducted Air Conditioners
The countless merits of a reverse cycle ducted air conditioner make it the best choice for modern homes and offices. Here are some of the major merits offered by these systems:
- The air conditioner filters the outside air before it is passed inside, ensuring purification of air
- The air conditioning system also has a dehumidifier that dehumidifies the air before it is transferred inside
- All parts of your home or office can be equally cooled or heated with the help of a reverse cycle ducted AC
- The temperature of different areas of your home or office can be maintained separately, as per individual needs
Types of Reverse Cycle Ducted Air Conditioners
Once the merits of reverse cycle AC are clear, the buyer needs to know the different types available in this category. Here we have listed the major types of reverse cycle ducted air conditioners available in the market:
- Single Split Systems
- Ducted Inverter Air Conditioners
- Multi Split Systems
Factors to Consider While Selecting Reverse Cycle Ducted Air Conditioners for Your Homes
Even when you have verified the facts related to the air conditioning system and shortlisted a few of the best models, choosing the best may not be easy. Here we have listed out the different factors you need to take into account before finalizing the best air conditioning system for your home or office:
- Models: The different models in this type of air conditioning system are already listed above. You need to pick the air conditioning system based on your home or office needs for cooling and heating.
- Electrical Requirements: The switchboards in the house need to be assessed to check whether they are capable of handling the power requirements of the air conditioning system you selected.
- Budget: Before purchasing the air conditioner, the buyer needs to set a budget he plans to spend for the AC system.
- Efficiency of Cooling: Prior to purchasing the air conditioning system, the buyer needs to compare the efficiency of cooling and the capacity of the chosen air conditioner.
- Warranty: A buyer must always check the warranty provided for a product before placing the order.
- Order a reverse cycle ducted air conditioner to ensure optimum temperature at home and office for best living conditions.
All in all, a reverse cycle ducted air conditioner offers superior cooling than most other AC system. However, you need to keep a few things in mind before making your final purchase. Use our tips to make a wise choice that you don’t regret later. It’s also very important to keep your air conditioning unit well maintained and to do that you must have access to Air Conditioning Services if anything goes wrong with your equipment. This way you won’t experience a break in your comfort levels.