More and more people are learning to adapt a healthier lifestyle by engaging in different sports and taking the right kinds of food. One of the most common physical activities that people enjoy the most is running. This is the most inexpensive way of getting physically fit without having to worry about paying for gym membership fees, and it can be done just about anywhere that your feet can carry you.
Non-runners may see running as merely a form of adding more stress to their already stressful life, but this is far from the truth. In fact, five minutes of running daily can already reduce health risks and increase life span by three years.
Benefits of running
Running can provide so many positive effects to human health and life in general. Here are some of the most popular advantages of running:
- Enhanced brain functioning
- Improved feeling and emotional condition
- Better and more restful sleep
- Lower risk of cardiovascular diseases and diabetes
The Proper Running Gear
Just like any other activity, you should always be dressed for the occasion, and this includes wearing the proper outfit when running. It is best to wear the appropriate running gear so that your run can be a pleasant and comfortable experience.
Here are some tips to determine the best running outfit that fits both your physical activity and your preferred style:
- Always wear loose and comfortable clothes. This allows air to pass through the material to provide you with enough ventilation while running. During cold weather, it is best to wear insulated running gear to help you keep the cold out and the heat in.
- For men, base layers are recommended to help support the muscles and provide warmth while running. For women, it is advised to wear a sports bra to provide reinforced support and shock absorption.
- A running windproof jacket can help to keep your body dry even under the rain.
- Use only the best running shoes. Other kinds of shoes do not provide the support and comfort that running shoes have. Footwear designed for running would prevent sprains and other foot injuries that ordinary shoes may not be able to protect you from.
- Make sure that you buy shoes late in the afternoon because by that time your feet have already expanded.
- Ccompare different kinds of running shoes prior to buying one. No matter how weird you may look, run with the shoes for a few minutes to assess if it feels comfortable and if it provides the support that you need.
Make Running Fun
You may feel that doing the same thing over and over can become a bore, and this is true with running. It’s really a shame, because running provides you with so many good things. If you stop now, you would miss out on these benefits.
Make running fun by doing the following:
- Ask some of your friends to run with you. It is a good way of catching up and to inspire each other to lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Try different kinds of exercise equipment while running. Some of the most common examples include dumbbells and ankle weights.
- Use music to remove the boredom during a run. A portable media player and a pair of earphones can already do the job in providing music while you run.
Make running a habit. It does not only taper down your weight for you to fit into those clothes that you have been dying to wear. More than that, you have the potential to live a better way of life by enabling your muscles to work out and help your blood circulate efficiently to earn the awesome benefits of this kind of exercise.