Why do some women who go to the gym see fast results while others don’t? Why is it that some women find it easy to tone their body while others can’t seem to burn off the stubborn fat?
It has a lot to do with how you do your workouts, and not just by how much time you spend at the gym. I’m here to offer you some advice on how to make your workouts better. If you follow the tips I outline below, you should achieve much faster results with your workout routine.
1. Do resistance training â€“ Cardio is a great way to lose weight, but it may not be enough to get rid of stubborn fat and tone your body. For that you need to also do resistance training, whether in the form of weight lifting or bodyweight exercises.
Resistance training helps to sculpt your body into attractive proportions as it builds muscle tissue. In addition, it is an excellent way to boost your metabolism and accelerate fat burning.
2. Work on the major muscle groups â€“ When you do resistance training you’re trying to engage muscle tissue. This increases your metabolic rate. The more muscle tissue you work on, the bigger metabolic benefit you get out of it. It’s as simple as that.
This is why you need to spend more time and effort doing exercises for your bigger muscles such as your legs, chest, and back. This will lead to the excellent results.
3. Don’t worry too much about your abs â€“ I know that you may be thinking about that nasty belly fat you’re unable to get rid of. You’re probably spending a lot of time on crunches and sit-ups. You need to stop worrying about your abs and stop spending so much time doing abdominal exercises. The real way to burn off belly fat doesn’t require a lot of those.
You can’t burn off fat from just your abs. It’s called spot reduction and your body doesn’t work in this way. You simply need to burn off body fat and as much of it as you can. Your belly will get leaner as well in this way. The right exercises to burn belly fat are not crunches or sit-ups, but those that employ a lot of muscle tissue under heavy load. Try those and your abs will flatten out quickly.
4. Do intense cardio â€“ Don’t judge your cardio workout by the length, but by the quality. You can burn more calories in an intense 30 minute workout than in an easy 45 minute one. You need to do hard cardio in order to see results.
5. Don’t waste precious gym time â€“ Just because you spend an hour at the gym does not mean you got an hour’s worth of work. A lot of people treat the gym as a social club and spend a lot of time chatting instead of training. You need to use your time at the gym to actually workout. This is what you’re there for.
If you take your workout and diet routine seriously and include the tips above in it, you should see your body get more toned and sexy quickly.
about the author
Jonathan Dunsky writes about healthy weight loss and fitness on www.WorldofDiets.com. Visit his blog to get more of his fat loss tips for women.