I can’t believe how fast summer went by, I know parents often have a bittersweet feeling about getting the kids back to school lol. Here in GA our children are already back in school and I can’t tell you how many social media posts of joy I saw from parents, posts of turmoil from teachers and then tears of joy from parents with children going to pre-k or kindergarten. The truth is back to school season is a big transition for everyone. With everything that our Lifers who are parents have to deal with, we figured we would share a quick and easy recipe that can be a great back to school go to.
When I think of wholesome comfort food chili comes to mind. If you’re looking for an easy to make recipe, we have one for you below. Picture a day when you’ve been running ragged and the kids have a ton of homework to do, the last thing you want to do is spend hours in the kitchen. That’s why I love go to secret weapons like Success® Basmati Rice, or any other option in the Success® Rice line. Success® Rice is the ORIGINAL no measure, no mess boil-in- bag rice that cooks perfectly every time and is ready in 10 minutes. You can make your rice in a bag by stove or microwave, either option is fast and easy. Paired with this chili recipe below dinner will be ready in 30 minutes or less! That means you can help the kids with homework, eat dinner and still get them to bed at a decent hour with time to spare for a glass of wine or mommy time! And if you get behind schedule, have no fear Success® White Rice and Success® Brown Rice can sit in hot water for up to 30 minutes without losing quality. Success will wait for you. Life should be as stress free as possible, it’s important to find ways to simply where you can and this recipe is a step in the right direction
Chili Con Carne with Cilantro Topped Success Rice
You Will Need
1 bag of Success® Basmati Rice
1 pkg. Chili Seasoning Mix
1 lb. lean ground beef or turkey
3 stalks of spring onions (scallions)
1 can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes, 1/2 can (14 oz.) of pasta sauce tomato sauce.
1 can (15 to 16 oz.) kidney beans, undrained
Assorted Toppings: shredded cheese (I like colby/jack), cilantro and sour cream.
1. Slice up your spring onions and cilantro and put them aside.
2. Brown meat in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat and then add your spring onions.
3. Stir in Seasoning Mix, tomatoes, sauce and beans. Bring to boil. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Next, make your Success Basmati Rice. You can follow the stovetop direction:
- Pour about 1-quart water into medium saucepan and submerge 1 bag of Success Basmati Rice. Bring water to a boil and boil uncovered 8 minutes. (For softer rice boil for 10 minutes). or just follow the microwave directions on the box.
- Remove bag IMMEDIATELY with fork or tongs and drain. Cut bag open and empty cooked rice into serving dish. Add butter and salt, if desired. For best texture — serve immediately.
5. Serve rice with chili and then with toppings of your choice.
We hope you all have a smooth transition into school mode and wish you all back to school success! If you’re looking for more easy to make recipe ideas, special offers and more, join the Recipe Club®. And don’t forget that Success® Rice is available in grocery retailers nationwide and has an average retail price of $2.45 for the 14 oz., making it accessible and affordable for families.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.